Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm more of a kickball fan, myself.

Ok, so I got tagged by Craig over at yes, i am. I had already replied in his comments but I realized the protocol is to post the result of my tag on my blog. Well, here it is!

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

She would prepare the food with them, singing her
little songs:
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do,
or sometimes,
You made me love you, I didn't want to do it,
I didn't want to do it
.

~Neil Gaiman, from his poem Queen of Knives from his excellent collection of short stories and poems titled: Smoke and Mirrors.

(Sorry Craig, as nice and cute as you are, I'm just too lazy to do #5 right now.)

3 comments:

Craig said...

Sorry Craig, as nice and cute as you are, I'm just too lazy to do #5 right now.

What sheer effrontery!

Just kidding. Thanks for the compliment! And I was just barely not lazy enough to do #5 myself.

I've not yet read that book, but I just started reading "M is for Magic" by that selfsame author.

Craig said...

I mean M is for Magic, seeing as it is a book title and not the title of article.

Jake said...

LOL. Smart and anal retentive concerning punctuation. What a combo! ;)

I'm just finishing Smoke and Mirrors. Will probably then go to Anansi Boys considering I just finished American Gods and there's an excerpt of it at the end of Smoke.